You can easily build a blog in 30 days. Melody shares a solid plan and timeline to get your blog up and running, sooner rather than later. Do you have a passion you want to share with the world and make money? Or, maybe you work in sales and need to up your game. A blog is “the smartest strategy” to gain interest and leads to close a sale. Blogs can also generate massive income without having any products to sell, it’s called passive income and you can easily incorporate this strategy into ANY blog. In this video podcast Melody discusses what it takes to build a social media audience and the importance of capturing a loyal audience. You will learn techniques and strategies to build a blog in less than 30 days.
“A Blog is a critical part of any business strategy. When you learn how this platform works, it is the most cost effective way to captivate an audience and get them to engage with your services/product.”
Digital Marketing Strategist
If you’ve thought about blogging or you have a website and want to generate revenue or sales, this podcast gives real life examples with solid strategies. You will learn techniques to generate a successful Internet business. It’s simple and easy to do!
The truth is anyone can develop a digital marketing strategy and achieve results beyond expectations. You just need the right strategy and tools with the ability to learn how to use them. The cost can be very inexpensive when using organic methods.
Listen in to this podcast and learn how you can be running a successful business in 30 days! Get started with the free Essential Marketing Tools with over 50 tips and tools to get your blog on!
Click on arrow to play podcast
Don’t forget to subscribe to the DesignWrx YouTube Channel and keep up with the latest success strategies for success!
What Type of Blog to Build
For some of you this is a no brainer, you have a passion for something and you can talk about 24/7. But, can you write about it? For some this would be easy when writing something you’re passionate about, for others, this is about a strategy to help grow your business and develop leads to nurture and close the sale.
Build Your Blog Around Your Passion
When you have a passion about something share it with the world! This type of blog can sometimes grow beyond expectations and generate huge revenue when setup correctly. When you learn the techniques and strategies to build a fan base and share your passion they will buy anything from you. You will learn strategies to setup affiliate programs into your blog that generates passive income that pours into your bank account. Sound to good to be true? It’s not, it’s a win/win for all involved, but, there is work involved and you must create content about your passion that an audience will connect to and become a loyal fan.
A Sales Strategy
If you sell Real Estate and you may want to attract an audience through social media as a strategy and talk about home improvements, as a strategy, and generate more sales around homes considered ‘Fixer uppers.’ This podcast gives specific techniques to help you in any sales roll to get creative and develop a blog that can drive sales to your business.
One strategy is to build an audience interested in buying a new home but never thought about a fixer upper. Here’s your opportunity to tell them how inexpensive it is to buy a home and fix it up. You may want to talk about creative ways to finance to include the improvements, many newbies don’t understand all the options available. This strategy idea develops a blog with case studies and beautiful images that show the before and after affects to help people visualize their dreams. This is where you get creative with your business and ask yourself the question: how can I improve sales? Then develop a plan and set goals to build the blog around a case study strategy. The blog creates leads which links back to the broker’s real estate website to close the deal. Brilliant!
The first 3 months requires most of your time and efforts and then it gets easier
- Creating the structure of the Blog and adding in function
- Creating the Content, once you get a decent amount of content built you will learn how to re-purpose your content
- Building Social Media Accounts and Campaigns and Engaging With Your Audience
- Follow this website and get details on each of these steps. Review and visit frequently to make life easier!
First Sign up and get the “Essential Marketing Tools” free with over 50 tips and tools to help you get started.
Writing! Build your content and they will come
You do not need to be a professional writer to get readers to your blog, but you must create a sensible outline in your writing that others can follow and enjoy. You may want to take a creative writing class. Many community colleges have classes that you could take in one semester while you build your blog. There are plenty of online classes too. Then again, maybe you just need a solid plan and outline and practice to get better at your writing skills.
- Buy a small punctuation and grammar book. I have one called “Write Right!” It has been a life saver for many years, including when I worked in Corporate
- Start Writing – Do not worry about the strategy behind the writing or what came first, the chicken or the egg?
- If the copy is not quite ready to be launched, articles can be archived until ready to launch. Just WRITE!
- The idea is to get use to writing down your thoughts and find someone who can be critical to read it and give you feed back.
- Create a process when you write such as: write; read; revise; then run through spell check (MS Word has a spelling and grammar checker) then have someone read it and tell you what they liked and didn’t like. If it was hard to read, you may want to consider doing some online classes or a community college to help you write or maybe you just need to MORE practice. It’s like anything else you learned, practice makes perfect!
- I found the best way to write is to create an outline starting with the subject/topic.
- Think about the most important part of your blog is the headline, this is what drives your audience to read the article, be it a question that needs to be answered or something very comical that makes the viewer want more. It’s all about wanting more. If the headline is not attracting a lot of readers, change ‘the headline’ and resend it to social media. Your WordPress Blog will tell you how many people view each blog article to analyze and determine what’s working and what’s not.
- Add an Introduction
- Then 3 main bullet points
- A conclusion and call to action that says: Go to my website!
- Use this outline over and over again it makes it simple.
- An acronym used in the biz is KISS, which means, Keep It Simple Stupid
- In other words, don’t make it complex!
Here’s a Crash Course in Building an Internet Business in 30 Days!
- Write at least 2 blog articles and save for week 3
- Decide on a name for your Blog, are you a coach? Your personal name is important!
- Will you sell your business at some point? Then a catchy name for your site is appropriate
- At the same time you should think about a LLC license, talk to a tax adviser to help you decide
- Do not search for a name in the Internet Domain Registrar until you can come up with a name first and are ready to purchase, you will want to come up with several in case your name is already taken
- If your name is taken but available you might want to purchase it, an existing name has more power in SEO if it was established. It’s well seasoned and considered more reliable and valuable.
- If you are purchasing a pre-owned name, research the name to see who owned it and if it’s available on this site :WHOis.net https://www.whois.net/
- WayBack Machine is a site with archived web addresses to view any site’s history and what it looked like in the past. https://archive.org/web/
Create social media accounts. You need these to drive traffic to your blog. These are what we recommend to get started. The more the better!
- Facebook Group or A FB Business page, both are free
- Twitter accounts, more than one, each one must be attached to separate email addresses
- Pinterest Account
- Google + Account, this comes with any gmail account
- If you want to hit the ground running and cut down time on social media, sign up for a BUFFER account to manage your social media accounts and schedule your posts, set it and forget it.
- Build Your Blog
- Once you purchase your blog name sign up with a WordPress Managed Web Host such as Bluehost which is one of the best and largest WordPress hosts on the Internet. Find a link in your free copy of the Essential Marketing Tools. If you don’t have your copy yet, don’t forget to sign up, it’s free!
- Once you have your WordPress site you can now choose a template. There are plenty to choose from, just be sure it is called a Responsive Template which is optimized for all devices and resizes to be readable on mobile and tablet platforms
- There are a ton a video tutorials on the WordPress dashboard to help you learn more about the platform
- There are three plugins that you should download into your site. One is called Akismet which will protect your blog from spam in comments, the other is a plugin called Jetpack with a ton of powerful features. Some you will use and others you won’t need but its one of the best all inclusive plugin tools. It includes social media buttons to add into your site along with other must haves. The third is the Yoast SEO plugin that will help you analyze your site and track your progress
- Last thing you need in week three or even in week four, is to create a Google Analytics account and link that up into your WordPress SEO plugin. Google Analytics is free and this will help you as you grow in business. Trust me, this may not seem important in the beginning but if you plan on growing and sometimes you can grow without even planning on it, you will want to have this tool integrated.
We’re almost there! You should have your site name and your site is up and running. Time to incorporate a few strategies to start building your audience to direct them back to your blog. Plu, let’s talk about developing processes to keep the content flowing into your site so it stays fresh and gets the attention of search engines, such as Google, to push an audience back to your site
- Submit your URL site (site submission) to Google, Bing and Yahoo. You will need to submit the meta tag, which describes your site with keywords. For example, if you are in real estate you will want to use San Diego Real Estate if you are selling in a specific area. Do some research in the keyword search tools to find good keywords to incorporate into your meta tag description.
- Create two more articles this week and at the same time place the two blog posts you wrote the first week into your blog with images and a compelling title. If you need help putting together images review my blog post titled “How to Find Professional Images to use in Your Blog.” Images are very important, this article will tell you everything you need to know to incorporate beautiful professional images into your blog
- Promote your blog posts in your social media accounts. Be sure to follow back only legitimate accounts that follow you, and thank those who follow you. If you are a local business you can setup your twitter accounts to post in your geographic area.
- You should be spending at least an hour or more a day on your social media accounts to build them up with followers, by posting pictures and interesting related articles to your subject. One tool I recommend is Buffer to manage all your social accounts and automate your posts to save time.
These are the basics to get you started with your very own specialized blog. Check out my other blog posts to get more details to understand more about Search Engine Optimization, building email lists, social media tips to help you build your business. I will also have training video modules on my website soon to help you build your business with strategies that flow current to take you to the next level.
Your attitude, not your aptitude, determines your altitude ~ Zig Ziglar
Here are some quick tips in developing an online business
- Focus on strategy with a timeline and add in life events into a daily planner that works with your business planner
- Decide what the #1 goal of your business is and incorporate your life goals as well
- List your priorities and be specific
- Instead of listing how much money you need or want to make, use specific goals that have emotion tied to them. I want to buy my partner a Lexus by the end of the year. I want to purchase a home with a garden and a yard to play catch with my kids.
- Don’t limit your thinking, expect your Internet business to grow and expand without taking away more time but to get the help you need to spend more time doing what you enjoy
- Develop digital processes and automation as you grow to save you time.
- Include hiring contractors and vendors into your plan as you grow.
- If you are having problems aligning your goals with your life balance, hire a coach who will look at options and opportunities to help you with the details of your big picture and get there quicker
A digital marketing strategist with 20 years of digital marketing experience working in corporate and has owned over 100 websites. An author and a Certified Ziglar Legacy Coach who shares inspiration and helps you take the short cut in figuring it out. She has helped individuals, sales teams, and organizations to succeed with their digital marketing efforts and websites. She has worked with Fortune 100 and 500 clients and currently helps entrepreneurs get started or move to the next level with online branding, social media campaigns, digital marketing, blogging and websites. As a former graphic designer she has a keen eye for visual communications with strategies that work!
“Be intentional when setting goals focusing on significance and magnificent”
Online Business Coach
Download your free copy of the Essential Marketing Tools with over 50 tips and tools to get your business on! And join Melody Tune – Online Business Coach on Facebook to stay motivated with inspiring and motivational techniques.