How to measure organic marketing efforts in your website and social media podcast.
Click on the arrow above to start the podcast.
“A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding.”
Marshall McLuhan, Canadian Communications Professor
There are many creative individuals that resist developing a strategy around analytics, due to beliefs it’s difficult and tedious to manage. I will break it down into a simple process on how to look at the different analytic platforms and unify the information to understand and make decisions based on your findings. Once you find your groove, you will get excited when you see how it correlates with your efforts and make knowledgeable decisions based on you
You will discover how to reduce your efforts and save a ton of time back to spend on other things. Check out these 7 steps to improve your blog traffic.
Measuring your marketing efforts podcast overview
- Analysis of your efforts will make your website or social media more efficient and effective when you incorporate a process
- You can do this weekly, monthly or even quarterly
- Review your reports in your website and Social Media and determine which posts and promo the audience interacts with
- Shares, follows, retweets, likes, favorite, +1
- Conversions- realize campaigns which resulted in sales and how many $$.
- Analyze what works and what doesn’t
- Re-purpose your successes
- Archive your web pages that do not produce traffic
- Create a spread sheet to review your campaigns each month, or quarter, and every year,
- Define which day of the week and time is getting better results and duplicate dates and times
- A/B testing is the best way to gauge campaign ideas that you plan to reuse and find which is best:
- Test 2 different subject lines in an email
- Test two different headlines in a social media post
- Test two different days of the week to see which gets best results
- Test throughout the day to find best time of day
- Use WordPress plugin called SEO by Yoast
- You can integrate Yoast SEO plugin with a Google Analytics account to track your web pages and follow where traffic comes from
- When creating posts in your website the Yoast application indicates whether your new blog post is optimized for SEO and will give you a green light
Sign up for the Essential Marketing tools to get over 50 tips for more tools to incorporate into your WordPress website
“Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
Albert Einstein, Physicist
Social Media Reports
- Facebook Business pages – A tab called Insights
- Twitter sends weekly reports through email about your tweets
- Google +>My Business>Insights
One strategy would be to sign up with Buffer and Hootsuite which are Social Media automation tools. These apps are used to schedule posts to all your social media accounts. One strategy is to incorporate Content Curation into your social media posts and schedule into these automated apps.
Sharing other people’s information is a strategy called Content Curation, where you share information from experts on your subject. People trust experts that share other people’s information, plus it breaks up your social page to show diversity. When you publish your own content, those who use Content Curation as a strategy, share your blog posts. It’s what makes the world go ’round, giving and receiving.
Buffer and Hootsuite give you a free account to add up to 2-3 social media accounts. When you sign up for the paid version it includes reports of social media posts and how they performed to make strategic decisions. The algorithms are setup to send your posts at the best time, or you can manually designate the time to send.
Once you review what is successful and what is not you can start to make decisions based on your findings.
- What campaigns get the most conversions
- What time is the best time to post
- What headlines grab attention and get clicks
Once you create a process and review your website and social media analytics, life will get simpler. When you realize what is working and what is not, you can archive the web pages that are not working (do NOT DELETE) web pages.
Take your successful social media posts, posters and campaigns that are working and re-purpose them. Why re-invent the wheel? No one will remember what you posted 6 months ago, and probably won’t remember what you posted last month.
A digital marketing strategist with 20 years of digital marketing experience working in corporate and has owned over 100 websites. An author and a Certified Ziglar Legacy Coach who shares inspiration and helps you take the short cut in figuring it out. She has helped individuals, sales teams, and organizations to succeed with their digital marketing efforts and websites. She has worked with Fortune 100 and 500 clients and currently helps entrepreneurs get started or move to the next level with online branding, social media campaigns, digital marketing, blogging and websites. As a former graphic designer she has a keen eye for visual communications with strategies that work!
“Be intentional when setting goals focusing on significance”
Online Business Coach
Download your free copy of the Essential Marketing Tools with over 50 tips and tools to get your business on! And join Melody Tune – Online Business Coach on Facebook to stay motivated with inspiring and motivational techniques.