Focus on the things in life that matter and set daily intentions and life will flow!
In this weekly podcast, Melody will cover tips, techniques and tools to optimize your blog while you focus your time on sharing your passion with the world! This week we focus on work life balance and intention. I share my blogging tip of the day and the last 8 minutes we set an intention that will rock your balance and set it in stone.
Subscribe to my channel in iTunes and download to listen in your car, anywhere, anytime. If you like this podcast, please give me a rating to help me spread my knowledge.
Listen in by clicking on the play (arrow) button.
Music from podcast: Bensound.com
Here’s what you will learn:
- How I balance my day
- How to focus on the critical part of your blog with step by step
- The blogging tip of the week: Optimizing your social media headline
- Setting an intention to generate an effortless work life balance flow
How I balance life and business without breaking your spirit
- Drink coffee 🙂
- Check emails for about 10 minutes while drinking my coffee to clean up the junk mail.
- I’ve created a beautiful space in my home of peace and tranquility and I meditate to set a daily intention.
- A 30 – 45 minute daily walk.
- Time to work! My work flow consists of a running list of tasks which I either cross off as I complete or add new tasks. This is an ongoing list that does not require any deadlines. What?
- I make sure to take a lunch and either go out for a healthy salad or i sit in in the tranquility of my backyard.
- If I need to schedule face to face meeting time, I book it in the afternoon, never in the morning.
- Normally, I force myself to shut down my computer at 5 pm.
- I usually take Fridays off, but this doesn’t always work out.
This is why I became an entrepreneur. To work smarter not harder. The key is to automate, there are a thousands of automation tools to simplify your work flow. I have a list of them in the free downloadable Blogging Treasures Guide.
My weekly podcast and blogging schedule (2 days to produce and promote)
- Schedule a day to write out my podcast, I can usually do this within a few hours.
- At the same time I also decide what next week’s podcast/blog post headline will be and research the headline to optimize for engagement. I will explain this in the tip of the week below.
- Either the same day or next day I record my podcast and edit it.
- I will also take an hour to find an image and edit it to use in blog post and resize to fit social media (using Canva.com) I have a free downloadable guide to find FREE professional images with a list of FREE of photo editors to add text and special effects here: Get Free Professional Editors
- The day before my blog post goes live I setup and schedule it to go live in Podbean and iTunes
- My blog post copied and pasted in from my script of the podcast and will also be scheduled in WordPress to post at the same time as podcast. Done!
- The day it goes live I will schedule my social media posts with the automation tool called Buffer (free limited accounts) which schedules, automates and manages ALL my social media accounts.
- The 2 most important tasks in managing a blog is to write/record a script, or a video then produce, and number 2 is to promote it in social media.
Blogging tip of the week!
Research your social media headline to see if it’s engaging. I use a tool called Buzzsumo.com where you input subjects, headline drafts or keywords into the search field and it generates a list of actual online headline articles with the number of shares and likes they received in social media.
Incorporate what you find and make your own unique headline choosing several keywords outta the top headlines to attract raving fans. BOOM!
Setting an intention to make work/life flow
The last 8 minutes of this podcast will guide you to set an intention focusing on the stones in the quote from the legendary motivational and success speaker, Zig Ziglar. Zig was focused on balancing the important things in life with his career. He truly walked the walk and he motivated and inspired millions of business professionals.
“The foundation stones for balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.”
~ Zig Ziglar
As a former Ziglar Legacy trainer I am deeply humbled by my experience with the Ziglar family while still appreciating the grace they share today of Zig’s legacy and energy. It truly inspired me to share his ongoing message. When you focus on the words in this intention you realize this is the foundation of creating and manifesting a life worthwhile.
To get more intention setting audios check out these guided meditations and intentions to help you focus daily. You only need 4-8 minutes for each meditation.
Thank you for allowing me to share my passion with you today. I LOVE hearing from you, comment below or send me a message if you like this blog post.
Have a great week and keep on blogging!
Download the Blogging Treasure Guide for FREE to get started and get your blog on! You get over 50 tips, tools with resources in this guide
Contributing Author – Melody Tune, a digital marketing strategist for over 20 years.